- Public Story Time every Friday at 11 a.m. – Join children’s librarian Betty Naab as she shares stories with you! No pre-registration is necessary and each week is a new theme.
- You can borrow other materials besides books – Check out MML’s selection of audiobooks, DVDs, cake pans, magazines, puzzles, and disc golf discs.
- Free Wi-Fi and computers – MML has six computers available for public use and free Wi-Fi. Just log in with the password and you can even use it outside.
- Research Help – MML offers a range of databases including LearningExpress, Gale Databases, Bridges, Dickinson County Cemetery Records, and digitally archived newspapers. The librarians are also willing to help with any questions you may have.
- Book Club – Did you know that MML has a book club? It is called the Open Book Discussion Group and they meet the third Tuesday of each month at 1:00 p.m. at the library. Anyone is welcome to join. MML also supports many other book clubs in the area.
- Newspapers – MML receives the Sioux City Journal, Des Moines Register, Dickinson County News, Lakes News Shopper, The Northwest Iowa Review, and The Daily Reporter. Stop in and read these papers while sitting in a comfy chair.
- Office Equipment (Copier, Fax, and Scanner) – The six computers mentioned earlier can print to the copy machine and you can even print when you are connected to the Wi-Fi. The copy machine can also fax and scan documents to email.
- Interlibrary Loan – If we don’t have an item you want we can get it on loan from another library! Just ask the staff. MML can also borrow books from out of state or out of the country.
- Classes and Programs – Take a craft class at the library or come listen to an author speak about their new book. MML offers a wide range of classes/programs and most are free to the public!
- Books, Books, Books – Last but definitely not least, we have so many books! We have children’s books, young adult books, adult fiction books, non-fiction books, biographies, eBooks, and so much more.
Top 10 Reasons to Visit the Library