Milford Memorial Library News
MML’s Young Adult Create a Graphic Novel Challenge Box is now available. Fourth through twelfth graders will be creating a new graphic novel. With permission, completed graphic novels will be displayed for patrons read. This is a free activity, but registration required. To register call 712-338-4643 or online at http://milfordlibrary.weebly.com/young-adult-registration.html.
Join MML's Book Club on Tuesday, January 17, at 1:00 p.m. The featured book, When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi, can be found in our library. It is not necessary to attend all of the meetings, and you are welcome to come and go as you please.
MML ‘s Adult Craft Series will be making a Live Winter Centerpiece on Wednesday, January 18, from 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. This craft will also be available in a kit and will include greenery, decorations, wet foam, a small container, and instructions. The cost for this craft is $5.00 and registration is required. You can register by contacting the Milford Memorial Library or online by going to http://milfordlibrary.weebly.com/adult-program-registration.html.
MML’s Top 5 Check Outs of 2022!
Adult Fiction: 1. Run Rose Run by Dolly Parton and James Patterson
2. Death of the Black Widow by James Patterson and J.D. Barker
3. Steal by James Patterson and Howard Roughan
4. Sparring Partners by John Grisham
5. Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
Adult Non-Fiction: 1. Unmasked by Emily Mendenhall
2. Remember by Lisa Genova
3. The Girls Who Stepped Out of Line by Major General Mari K. Eder
4. A Beginner’s Guide to Quilting by Christine Mann
5. Diana, William, and Harry by James Patterson and Chris Mooney
Children’s: 1. Piranhas Don’t Eat Bananas by Aaron Blabey
2. Lucky Ducklings by Eva Moore
3. Smart Cookie by Jory John
4. Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin Jr.
5. When a Dragon Moves In by Jodi Moore
Chapter Books: 1. The Case of the Lost Boy by Dori Hillestad Butler
2. Big Shot by Jeff Kinney
3. The Last Kids on Earth by Max Brallier
4. Rodrick Rules by Jeff Kinney
5. Eva’s Campfire Adventure by Rebecca Elliott
Young Adult: 1. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling
2. A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder by Holly Jackson
3. The Inheritance Games by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
4. The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
5. What I Carry by Jennifer Longo
Milford Memorial Library: Youth Corner
It’s a new year, and a new beginning for your family to stop by and enjoy the Milford Memorial Library. There are new books arriving weekly, as well as there are so many good ones still on the shelf. We also have puzzles, toys, coloring/activity sheets, STEM bags, computers, and comprehension resources. Currently, there are two monthly storytimes and one after school activity. We hope to bring back and add new library things during 2023.
The best ways to stay up to date with MML youth happenings is through our website (milford.lib.ia.us), Facebook page (@milfordlibrary), and stopping by the library to grab a monthly calendar (1009 9th Street in Milford).