SUPPLIES: PAINT (BROWN), CUP, WATER, RAG, PAINT BRUSH, AND PAINT STIRER
GUIDE HELP: Start video at 1 min and 45 seconds for help
1. In your cup, mix your 1 tablespoon of paint with 2 tablespoons of water. Should look like a chocolate milk consistency
2. Stir until there are not any lumps of paint.
3. Going with the wood grain, paint on the brown wash stain. You can use your paint brush or rag for this. If you want more of the wood showing, take a paper towel or another rag to dab across your mountain.
** The paint will stain clothing and other clothes. Do not use anything you want to keep nice as a rag**
4. Let it dry, you may do another coat, if you think it needs it.
MOUNTIAN BOOKENDS: TRAIL 2
PAINT (WHITE), PAINT BRUSH , SPONGE, PAINTERS TAPE, STENCIL, AND PENCIL
1. After the mountains have fully dried, pick a mountain to stencil.
2. Place your stencil in the middle of a mountain. Then with painter’s tape, tape it tightly into place.
3. With your white paint and sponge, dab paint until your stencil is covered. When dabbing, you may want to hold onto the stencil, to make sure it is extra tight and doesn’t move.
4. Once the stenciled area is covered, carefully, remove the stencil and tape.
5. After your mountains are completely dry, take the painter’s tape and jaggedly design your where your snowed cap peak will be. Make sure the tape is flat with the surface. Start painting with your brush and white paint. Also if you want to free hand this with your paint brush you may as well. Let dry, may have to have a couple of coats.
6. You will repeat this step for all the mountain peaks and make sure to paint the sides and back.
Click for GUIDE HELP and start at 1 minute and 45 seconds.