FRIENDS OF THE MILFORD LIBRARY FOUNDATION
1. The board of directors will consist of the four officers of the organization, a director appointed by the library board, and up to three additional members for a total of eight members.
2. The Library Director will act as an adviser to the board and will be invited to all regular meetings.
3. The terms of office for regular board members will be three years starting January 1st each year.
4. Regular board meetings are held twice a year and are generally in January and July of each year with additional meetings as needed.
5. Annually the organization will conduct a membership fund drive to raise money for the support of the library and the foundation.
6. The Library Director will submit to the board needs of the library to be funded by the foundation as needed.
7. The board of directors will determine the amount of funds available and which of the Library Director's requests will be funded.
8. The amount of funds given to the library each year will vary based on the income earned from the foundation's investments, the funds raised and the needs of the library.
9. As a general rule $1,500.00 or more should be given annually for the special needs of the library.
10. After making an annual gift to the library the balance of the funds will be invested to provide income to fund the future needs of the library and the expansion of its facilities and services.
Revised and approved 12/12/12