POLICY ON CONDUCT IN THE LIBRARY
Board approved 10/3/01
Reviewed 10/05/11, 10/1/2014
As the library is a place designed to serve the public as a source of information, we ask that the following rules be observed in the interest of preserving an atmosphere conducive to learning and research.
Library Patrons must follow the rules of conduct listed below:
- Patrons must wear a shirt and shoes in the library.
- Food and drink will not be allowed in the library except in designated areas.
- There will be no running in the library.
- Excessive noise will not be tolerated.
- Anyone distracting and/or disturbing other patrons will be asked to leave.
- Anyone caught purposely damaging library property or equipment will be asked to leave.
- There will be no misuse of library materials.
- Vandalism of library materials will not be tolerated.
- There will be no admittance in library “employee only” space.
- Cell phone use will be permitted so long as a respectful sound level is maintained. If staff deem ring tones or conversations to be too disruptive, patrons may be asked to step outside.
- Anyone threatening or abusing staff or patrons verbally or physically will be asked to
- Those refusing to leave when requested to do so by staff can expect that local law enforcement will be called.