An open meeting of the Board of Trustees for the Milford Memorial Library will be held this Wednesday, June 1, at 5:30 p.m.
Join us for great stories and much more every Friday morning at 10:00! Betty, our children's librarian, looks forward to sharing stories with you! No pre-registration is necessary. The theme this week is “Whose Feet Are These?”
5th – 12th grade Summer Reading Program
This year the theme for the Teen Summer Reading Program is “Get in the Game, Read!” and we plan to have a lot of exciting programs for teens to attend this summer. “Get in the Game, Read!” will run from June 9 to August 5, 2015.
Each week when students read for 30 minutes in the library they can put their name in for a prize drawing.
In addition to reading there will be a program every other Thursday at 1:00 p.m., and each month we will have one craft and one presenter. This programming is made possible by the Friends of the Milford Memorial Library and by several local businesses that have donated prizes. All programs and craft supplies are provided by the library at no charge to the students. Thank you for supporting the Milford Library’s Teen Summer Reading Program.
• June 9 at 1:00 p.m.– Craft: Water Balloon Painting
• June 23 at 1:00 p.m.– Presenter: Brittney Janicek, Bedell Family YMCA Fitness Coordinator
• July 7 at 1:00 p.m.– Craft: Paracord Bracelets with Side Release Buckle
• July 21 at 1:00 p.m.– Presenter: Grace Phelon, Dietitian from Hy-Vee in Spirit Lake, IA
• August 5 at 1:00 p.m. - 2016 opening games party for the opening games of the Rio Summer Olympics. We will have our own Olympics and food to celebrate.