1. Decide on the purpose of your time capsule.
- Do you want to open this in 1 year, 5, years, 10 years
- Is this for goal setting or for looking back
- · A letter to your future self
- · Poem, quote, or lyrics
- · Favorite recipe
- · Photos
- · Handmade item by you and/or a family member
- · Business card from local businesses
- · Ticket stubs
- · Current magazines and/or newspapers
- · Current Prices of things
- · Goals/ Bucket List
- · A recording of the news
- · Sports trading cards
- · List of slang terms
- · Sample of product packaging
- · A current postage stamp
- · Coins/ money made from this year
- · Year-in review sheet
- · Have others write a letter to you. You will not be able to open until the date you picked. Parents, Grandparents, Sibling, friends, teacher, or someone special.
- · Handprints and footprints
- Put in the attic, crawl space or basement. Place into garbage sack and tie it closed. This will help protect it.
Decorating Time Capsule
Supplies: Clean & Empty Paint Can, Mod Podge, foam brush, scissors, and paper decorations
How to Decorate:
1. Print off and cut out pictures, sayings, clipart.
2. Dip foam brush into the Mod podge and bush it onto the can. Place your decoration and mod podge over it.
3. Repeat until the can is covered and then let it dry.
4. Repeat covering the can 1 or 2 more times.
Make sure to let dry in between coats.